FIT FRIDAYS: A 3 minute exercise that will make your legs and bum BURN! No gym required :).
Today I want to share a super killer workout you can do from home or at the gym that will get your heart racing and your bottom area burning in no time! It’s really simple and you can modify it according to your skill level and still get great results. It’s called a BOX JUMP and you will probably develop a love-hate relationship with it like I have. Love because of the results I get. Hate because in just 30 seconds I feel like I’m gonna die, but in the best way possible :).
I decided to just film a quick video and pictures of me doing it instead of trying to write out instructions.
PS- Next time I’ll remind my hubs to film this in landscape mode 🙂
And just repeat over and over until 30 seconds are up. If you are feeling brave and want to go longer, by all means go for it and let me know how you feel!
If you are working out from home:
- Use stair steps, or a sturdy chair if you don’t have a fitness box or platform you can use.
- Adjust height according to your fitness level. If it’s too easy, go higher.
At the gym:
- You can use a platform like the one I’m using, most gyms have something like this.
- A step up platform also works.
Tips to get the most of this exercise:
- Try to do as many as you can in 30 seconds as safely as you can go fast.
- Keep your rest period to no more than 30 seconds, unless you’re gonna pass out 🙂
- Land on your tiptoes, not completely flat on your feet
- This is a great exercise to add to the end of your leg workout, but just alone you will feel a burn!
- When you land, do a sit down as low as you can without losing your balance
- Don’t allow your knees to pass your toes when you land, this could cause injury.
Also, we all know we are more motivated to work out with new cute outfits or sneakers, so naturally, as part of the Fit Friday series, I found some awesome sales from Under Armour and Nike happening right now. Quite a few finds under $50 so check this gallery out below!!
Have you tried this exercise before? Think you might try it? Leave some comments below!