Do you love to look modest AND fashionable? Keep reading!
I’m really excited to share with you guys my experience with an adorable skirt/shirt outfit I received in the mail from She Traveled! They are are an online boutique that specialize in good quality MODEST fashion! They started out targeting LDS(or mormon) sister missionaries who needed comfy, durable, modest, but still fashionable clothes and have now expanded to anyone and everyone who is modest AND style conscious. As someone who served a full-time LDS mission back in 2009, I sure wish She Traveled would have been around back then, since I had to get quite creative to stay modest and still have some sort of fashion sense (hello, the important things! who’s with me?). But I’m glad that they are around now. So here are my thoughts on this lovely skirt and shirt I got from them, in list form so its easy to read.
What I loved:
- The material, it’s seriously soft enough to sleep in.
- I didn’t have to layer ANYTHING. The shirt and skirt covered up everything perfectly
- The print on the skirt. I love my stripes!
- The lace detail on the sleeves, lace is everything! And usually I have to wear cap sleeved shirts underneath, but not with this
- It’s clearly made of durable material, just what we need for clothes we wear all the time and want to last
- Both the shirt and skirt can be worn with many different prints and textures, so I’m excited to do some mix and matching with items I already own.
- Did I mention the fabric is ridiculously comfortable?? You would never feel like you’re dressed up at all, unless you have killer heels like I did, it was worth it though, I love my nude heels!
- Skirt has pockets! If you know me, you know that’s a big deal!
- THEY ARE COMING TO SALT LAKE THIS WEEKEND, WITH A HUGE SALE OF 25-75% OFF!!! See the flyer at the bottom for all the fabulous details you can’t miss!
What I didn’t love:
- The only downside to ordering clothes online is that you never really know how something will fit until you receive it and try it on. Luckily, She Traveled has a great refund policy, but after reading this review you probably won’t need to return anything because you’ll order correctly, or just attend their pop up shop in SLC if you’re in the area!
- They definitely run bigger in sizes, especially the skirt. I am normally a 2-4 in bottoms and a SMALL on tops, but the shirt was a bit baggy, and the skirt fit more around my hips instead of my waist. If I were to order again, I’d order a size 0 (that’s NEVER happened to me btw, so no, I’m no toothpick). This would make it so the top, even though a bit baggy in the mid section, would stay tucked in better.
- The top is not that long, and definitely only looks best with high-rise skirts or pants.
OK you know I’m all about those deals and steals, and don’t buy anything full price! If you’re reading this you’re probably the same in that regard, and want to look amazing without the crazy price tag!
Are you ready for the details, Utah ladies?! See the flyer below for all the deets (If you aren’t in Utah or can’t make the pop-up shop you can still receive a 15% discount by ordering online on those two days, April 1-2. Click the image below for their site).
So what are your thoughts? Please let me know if you can make it, so I can look for you and we can be insta BFFS :).